Great Reasons to Buy an In Dash Navigation Deck
In-dash navigation systems represent the best technology available and many of these car video navigation decks are loaded with extra features for accessing your music and information from your smart phone, satellite radio, backup camera, etc. It’s neat to have everything built-in and at your fingertips, working smoothly as one unit not having to bother with cords to connect one thing to another to get the navigation to work right. And Wow! The LARGE screen is really easy on the eyes and fingers. Here are some of the advanced information and car audio features available with in dash navigation systems:
• Real Time Traffic Alerts: Get real-time traffic updates to help you go around traffic problems before you get there. The traffic alert systems will alert you and can re-navigate you around the problem area automatically if you want. Some traffic programs require a subscription, others don’t.
• Split Screen View: Allows viewing the navigation screen on one side along with radio control window on the other. Toggle back and forth via touching the screen or a button.
• Lane Assist with Junction View - The Lane Assist function guides you to the appropriate lane to be in for upcoming junctions and interchanges, and Junction View displays a realistic view of upcoming road details facilitating a safer navigation experience.
• Advanced Speech Recognition (Voice Control) - The Advanced Speech Recognition or Voice Control feature allows for voice controlled operation of the navigation system and allows you to input an addresses and phone numbers, choosing menu options and points of interest by voice. Command the navigation system to “Find the nearest Starbucks” as an example. The voice control system can operate the audio and video systems, allowing the user to change between multiple sources, make phone calls, seek out music and video files and access station presets.
• Touchscreen control of navigation functions – Control your navigation with your fingertips from the large screen.
• Accessing your Apps on your Car Video Desktop: Yes, now you can have selected apps appear LARGE on your 6 to 7 inch car video screen where you can actually touchscreen control some of them like on an iPad or your smartphone. This is possible with some manufacturer’s APP Mode software with iPhones. Another version of “app mode” is where any of the iPhone’s apps that provide video output will display on the car video deck but are not touchscreen controllable, like the Motion X Navigation App. Some video decks can display and control apps from Android phones via Bluetooth if the phone supports the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP). We carry navigation video decks that will display and control selected Android apps like Pandora and AHA Radio.
• Bluetooth expanded functionality: With Bluetooth on your phone and in your video deck you can have hands-free interaction. The deck and phone are “paired” together first as part of our installation of your purchase, and once they are wirelessly hooked you are ready to go. You no longer have to plug your phone into the video deck to listen to your music, you can play your favorite Pandora™ Radio stations or any other internet radio source, talk on the phone hands-free while driving (without the frustrating ear buds) and even use other smart phone apps through the touch screen feature in your video deck. If the phone rings, don’t worry, the music sound will mute automatically and you can talk freely while driving.
Which Car Video or Navigation Deck Should I Buy?
Our Experts will answer all of your questions …..
“What if I don’t want it mounted on my windshield?”
“Do I have to pay a monthly service charge?”
“Can you connect it to my steering wheel controls?”
“Can you add a rear view camera to the video deck & where can it mount?”
“Do you need to do any custom dash work or modification to get it to fit?”
Come into our store and talk with a real car audio & navigation expert. We’ll get you squared away.