Smart Start Remote Car Starter
"Start Car from Your Smart Phone"
Start your vehicle from your phone! Unlimited Range*. The Smart Start, by Directed Electronics
On Sale Now! Installed
Stop by Our Store and talk with one of our Remote Start Experts about your vehicle. Quality Installations available daily.
Works with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry
Smart Start System allows you to start your car from your smartphone, lock and unlock your doors and gives you visual confirmation on your phone’s screen that your car started or your doors are locked/unlocked. See list of the included features below. The Smart Start requires an additional subscription fee per year not priced here, paid to DEI (Directed Electronics) the manufacturer and administrator of the Smart Start program.
Directed makes lots of different remote start brands including the Python, AutoStart and Viper Remote Start brands. Their iPhone Smart Start interface, or the Smart Start for Android or Blackberry will work with any of these brands. AutoStart SmartStart by DEI is exactly the same as the Viper Smart Start or the Python Smart Start only marketed under a different DEI brand name. We recommend the AutoStart because it is DEI’s highest quality at the best price and automatically comes with two remote controls and our local service and support. Autostart is a Canadian company that was purchased by DEI in 2008. AutoStart is the premiere brand of remote start in Canada with an outstanding reputation. We’ve carried the Autostart brand for the last ten years. It’s our best selling and most reliable brand of car remote starters.
Smart Start can be purchased and installed on many cars without the need for a separate remote start with remote controls if the car has RSR start from data feature and if you don’t mind starting your car with your phone only. This will save you money. Most people do, however, buy the Smart Start with a remote start that has its own remote controls because it gives you more flexibility on how you remote start the vehicle. Stop by and we’ll school you on the different ways you can set up a system and the available options.
Smart Start Systems are available in two different units, one standard with no GPS and the other with GPS. The GPS unit is available for additional cost with added features and benefits associated with GPS tracking and vehicle locating. At this time, the GPS Smart Start unit is not available for Blackberry phone.
Both Smart Start Systems have these available features:
Some features are options that must be installed on host remote start system in order to work. Optional features are noted by an asterisk*
Remote car starter
Panic or car finder*
Smart Start Motor Club 24/7/365 roadside assistance plan*
App can control more than one vehicle (additional Smart Start must be purchased for each vehicle)
App passcode protection
Password management utilities included in App
- Siri Integration: Start by voice command with new Smart Start 3.0.1 App for iphone (Siri integration only works for the iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 if you have upgraded to iOS 6.)
1. As much range as you want or need to remotely start vehicle, even with entry level remote start system
2. Ability to unlock or lock vehicle from anywhere – great if keys are locked in car
3. Locate vehicle available with the GPS Smart Start system; gives current location and speed if vehicle is moving.
4. Alarm notification on your smart phone if Smart Start is purchased with compatible remote start/car alarm.
5. Emergency Roadside assistance from smart phone with Smart Start system (option).
6. Notifications to your smartphone for the GPS Smart Start: Car theft warning, vehicle speeding notification, notification of vehicle driving into unauthorized areas that you determine (geofencing), curfew violations. Some of these notifications require the premium data plan.
7. Car finder: forget where you parked. All systems can locate vehicle with horn honk or siren if this option is installed. However, GPS locating of vehicle with directions back to your vehicle is available only with the GPS smart start module.
Disadvantages over regular remote start systems:
1. Cost – the Smart Start smartphone hardware installed and activated will add around $150 – $200 or more to the cost of your remote start system. In addition there is a subscription fee paid to the manufacturer for the administration of the data program with the options you choose.
Want to learn more? Come into Our Store and Talk with a real Car Remote Start Auto Alarm Expert!
* Both user and vehicle must have cell phone coverage.