Bluetooth for Car Audio
• Get Hands-Free Calling with Voice Activation
• Streaming Audio from Phone to your Car Audio System
• Hands-Free Control of Pandora Internet Radio & More
Sales & Expert Installation Available Daily, Stop by our Store today.
We sell Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer& Clarion car audio that have built-in bluetooth for both hands free cell phone use and streaming audio use ( getting your music from your cell phone to play through your car stereo system). Stop by anytime. No appointment necessary. Bluetooth car audio is on display and we’ll install it today.
Bluetooth Hands Free Calling in your Vehicle
Since Bluetooth is a short range wireless communications format that enables devices such as Bluetooth equipped cell phones and car stereos to talk with each other, if your car receiver has Bluetooth built-in or you add an additional Bluetooth adapter to your existing radio, the car radio will automatically see and recognize your phone. It can still be in your pocket or purse but when a call comes in, the phone ringer is heard in your car stereo speakers. You answer by pressing a button on the radio or Bluetooth adapter. You can hear the caller through the vehicle speakers. You talk normally and your voice is picked up by the small Bluetooth microphone mounted in the vehicle. You do not need to touch your phone. The caller i.d. information appears across the radio screen. You can make calls hands-free through voice recognition as long as your phone supports this feature. Just say the name you want to call and your phone will automatically dial. Any music playing at the time in your car stereo will be temporarily muted so you can hear the caller through the car speakers and the caller can hear you just by your normal talking.
Bluetooth Streaming Audio: Hands- free (no cables) music transfer protocol
Send your music to your car radio from your Smart Phone, cell phone or Mp3 player, so you can listen to your music in your car through your car speakers without connecting any cables! With Bluetooth car audio, your phone or Mp3 player is recognized by your car radio automatically when you enter the vehicle and as long as your car stereo has the Bluetooth audio streaming protocol built-in. Your car radio will receive music from your phone just like playing a CD or listening to a radio station. We can demonstrate Bluetooth streaming audio in our store using your phone and one of the many Bluetooth car stereos we have on display.
1. If your car stereo has the bluetooth streaming audio protocol built-in and your music is on your cell phone and your phone has bluetooth, there is nothing more you need to do. You’re done.
2. If you have a car radio with no bluetooth, but your radio has an auxiliary audio input, you must either purchase an aftermarket Bluetooth transmitter and receiver kit from us or replace your radio with one that has bluetooth built in. You can then listen to your music on your car speakers without having to connect any cables between the radio and your music source. If you have Pandora Radio or similar servoces on your smart ph0ne, you can stream this audio into your car stereo as well.
3. If your car radio does not have an auxiliary input, you can purchase an aftermarket bluetooth transmitter system from us and we’ll install it onto your existing car radio or it may be just as cheap to change out your car radio for a new one with bluetooth built in. Check with us, we can help advise you which is best based on your car and your radio.
Can Bluetooth work with any car radio or any cell phone? Mostly YES
The Bluetooth format for hands free phone calls and streaming audio requires two things:
1. A Bluetooth equipped cell phone, which most phones these days are +
2. A car radio with Bluetooth reception capability built-in or added via an adapter. Most new car stereos we sell have this feature built-in and are on display in our store in every brand. For other car stereos a Bluetooth adapter must be added. We sell and install Bluetooth adapters for both iPhone and Android phones.
Some of the many Bluetooth Car Audio Receivers on display now at National Auto Sound & Security:
Kenwood KDC-X998 Pioneer Deh-X8600BH Alpine CDE-HD149BT